Sadhguru Shambhavi Mahamudra: Shambhavi mudra Isha is a powerful mudra done in yoga postures. With regular practice, you can get rid of anxiety and stress. What are the Shambhavi Mahamudra benefits? Who should do the Shambhavi Mahamudra kriya steps and who should not? What are the disadvantages of Shambhavi Mudra? What are its benefits? You are going to know all these things in detail today. So let’s start.
Table of Contents
Sadhguru Shambhavi Mahamudra Isha
Sadhguru Shambhavi mahamudra is an integral part of Kriya Yoga. Shambhavi is the better half of Lord Shiva. According to tradition, Lord Shambhu had given the knowledge of Shambhavi Mudra to Shambhavi. So that Shambhavi can attain higher awareness. That is why this currency was named Shambhavi Mudra.
Shambhavi Mahamudra Isha also has many other names like – Shambhavi Mudra, Shambhavi Mudra, Shambhavi Mahamudra, Shambhavi Mahamudra, Shiva Mudra etc. This posture is a very favorite posture of Lord Shiva. This yoga posture should always be practiced under the guidance of a qualified guru.
Sadhguru Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya Steps
Be it an easy one, be it pranayam, mudra, or any yogic activity. If it is not done properly then it can also cause harm. Find here the correct method of Sadhguru Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya Steps and get the maximum benefit from it.
- First of all, sit comfortably in any meditation posture like Sukhasana, Padmasana, or Vajrasana.
- Keep your head and spine straight.
- Place both hands on the knees in Gyan or Chin posture.
- Close your eyes take deep breaths and relax the entire body.
- Release and relax the muscles of your forehead, eyes, and back of the eyes and the entire face.
- Now slowly open your eyes and focus your vision on a certain point in front.
- Now raise the vision from a fixed point bring it inwards and focus it on the middle of the eyebrows.
- Both the eyebrows form a V shape at the nasal root. If this is not happening, then understand that the eyes are not focused correctly on the middle of the eyebrows.
- Your head should be completely stable during this entire activity.
- In case of any kind of discomfort, bring the eyes to a normal position, close them, and rest.
- When you reach a relaxed state, repeat the process.
- In this way, Shambhavi Mudra is practiced.
Breathing in Sadhguru Shambhavi Mahamudra
While doing this posture, coordination and control of breathing is very important. While doing Shambhavi Mudra, when you raise your eyes, inhale slowly. While remaining in Sadhguru Shambhavi Mahamudra Kriya Steps, hold your breath. When you lower your gaze, exhale slowly.
How Long Should You Do Sadhguru Shambhavi Mahamudra?
Initially practice for 5 cycles. When you become proficient in practice. So after a few months, it can be gradually increased to 10 cycles.
Awareness in Shambhavi Mahamudra Isha
While practicing this, your awareness should be on the sensations in the eyes physically, and on relaxing them between rounds. Spiritually one should be on Ajna Chakra.
Precautions in Shambhavi Mahamudra Isha
This is a powerful yoga posture. If precautions are not taken while doing Shambhavi Mudra. So this may cause harm to you.
- Our eyes are very sensitive. Therefore, one should not remain in the final position of Shambhavi Mudra for a long time.
- If someone’s nerves are weak, excessive stress can cause retinal detachment.
- A person suffering from glaucoma or diabetic retinopathy should not practice Shambhavi Mudra.
- Those who have any kind of eye problem, or have recently undergone cataract surgery, should not practice Shambhavi Mudra.
- Shambhavi Mudra should not be practiced without the guidance of an expert.
Contraindications of Shambhavi Mahamudra
In this, it is important to keep the following facts in mind
- People suffering from glaucoma should not practice this posture.
- People with diabetic retinopathy or who have just undergone cataract surgery, lens implant, or other eye operation should not do Shambhavi Mudra.
- Shambhavi Mudra should always be done under the guidance of a competent teacher.
Internal Shambhavi Mahamudra
This is a higher practice of Shambhavi Mudra. The method of doing Internal Shambhavi Mudra is similar to the method of doing Shambhavi Mudra. It is simply practiced with the eyes closed. But this is done only when one becomes proficient in Shambhavi Mudra with open eyes.
The internal practice of Shambhavi Mudra is more powerful than the practice with open eyes. In this method, your awareness is more introverted. In this, you have to be careful that, without your knowledge, your eyes do not relax and the practice does not stop. Even with the eyes closed, one has to keep gazing upwards internally.
Shambhavi Mahamudra Benefits
There are many benefits of doing Shambhavi Mudra. It is said that practicing this mudra pleases Lord Shambhu. Shambhavi Mudra proves to be very fruitful for those who worship and worship Lord Shiva.
By doing this the seeker attains a state of higher consciousness. By doing Shambhavi Mudra we get almost all kinds of benefits. Which is explained in detail below.
Physical Benefits of Doing Shambhavi Mahamudra
- At the physical level, Shambhavi Mudra strengthens the eye muscles.
- It relieves tension in the areas around the eyes.
- This mudra helps a lot in reviving the dead cells of the eyes.
- By practicing Shambhavi Mudra, one can get relief from many eye-related problems.
- If you practice Shambhavi Mudra regularly, it significantly prolongs your life.
- This mudra gives you the blessing of a long life.
- By doing this mudra, new neurons are produced in our body. Which helps us in getting rid of diseases.
- By doing Shambhavi Mudra, immunity develops.
Mental Benefits of Doing Shambhavi Mahamudra
- At the mental level, Shambhavi Mudra calms the mind by removing emotional stress and anger.
- Regular practice of this increases mental concentration.
- This posture brings mental stability and a state of thoughtlessness.
- Regular practice of Shambhavi Mudra prevents degeneration of the pituitary gland.
- It is a very good exercise to balance the emotional development of children (who are above 8 years of age).
Spiritual Benefits of Doing Shambhavi Mahamudra
- Practicing this is the most effective way to open the Ajna Chakra in a short time.
- Regular practice of Shambhavi Mudra activates your Ajna Chakra.
- When Ajna Chakra is awakened, the powers sleeping within us are awakened.
- These awakened powers strengthen spiritual activities.
- With the regular practice of Shambhavi Mudra, mental powers become quite active.
- So that you can use your brain capacity to the maximum.
Shambhavi Mahamudra Side Effect
If Shambhavi Mudra is not done properly, it can lead to loss instead of profit. Which is very important to know. Shambhavi Mudra has a direct effect on our brain and eyes. Sometimes, doing this mudra also causes severe pain in our brain and eyes. Therefore, this mudra should be practiced carefully and slowly.
If it is done forcefully, it can cause serious damage to the eyes. It may also cause mental damage. That is why this posture should be practiced only under the supervision of a qualified yoga teacher.
Power of Shambhavi Mahamudra
By doing this mudra our Ajna Chakra gets activated. With the activation of Ajna Chakra, we start experiencing supernatural powers. Strength and intelligence start developing in the person. By doing Shambhavi Mudra, higher consciousness develops. By doing this our inner power gets activated. It is said that by practicing this mudra, Lord Shambhu gets pleased and gives direct darshan.
- Organic Beets Nitric Oxide Flow Diet for Diabetes Patients
- DIP Diet Rule to Reverse Diabetes Type 1 & Type 2 in 72 Hours
- Dr Biswaroop 4th Gear Diet Chart Diabetes HBP | The Blue Zone People Diet
- DIP Diet Dr. Biswaroop Roy Chowdhury DIP Diet Plan